Monday, February 27, 2012

2012 Riverside Raincross 5K

The 2012 Riverside Raincross 5k was a decent way to re-enter racing. My first, best, and only excuse for this race was that I pushed Porter. Together with his weight and that of the running stroller, I had an extra 50lbs to overcome. Porter had a great time, especially on the sharp turns. He also talked to me quite a bit throughout the race. Next time, I’ll get him a bullhorn so he can yell things like, “Faster daddy!”http://www.blogger.com/img/blank.gif

Overall - 245th of 885
Time - 29:57 (gun) 28:57 (tag)
Division - 20th of 39
Splits – 9:20/mile

The start of the race was the absolute worst. Even with a stroller, if I had been at my proper training level, I would have lined up close to the front. Most of those people don’t know how to pace and don’t understand that in a medium-distance race it doesn’t matter where you are off the start, there’s plenty of time to find your pace and do well. However, I wasn’t at my proper training level, and so I stood (properly) at the back, then had to slog through runners, some of whom stop right in front of you, or won’t let you pass. That first mile was just over 10 minutes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com