Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Yuck, Sweat

I've been cleaning three to three and a half miles every day since I joined my gym. I call it mine because it's the one I go to. If I called it yours, it would likely be a lie because most of you either live outside of California or don't own a gym.

So that would be silly.

Anyhow, three and a half miles, and generally I push to keep my splits below nine minutes each, which means I have a 27 minute run and then about 13 minutes of cool down.

It's still not enough. I get off the treadmill and look like an extra from the second half of Titanic. Not one of those that made it to a life boat either. After that I stand in a reasonably cool shower for another five minutes, and still, as I trudge across the tile floor, I'm sweating.

Not certain if that's a good thing or not, but there it is. I spend the next hour at work with extremely good posture so that I'm not leaning against the back of my chair. Fortunately, my office is run by penguins, so it's always just slightly above absolute zero.

Anyhow, I think part of the problem is that as a former competitor, I like to push. If someone next to me is running their treadmill faster than mine, I feel the need to push mine faster than their's.

It's silly, and worse, it's likely to reinjure my knees.

Of course, now I might be able to get my bionic knees like I always wanted, and then I won't have to go, "Dunnnnuhhhuuunnnnuuhhhhh!" while I'm running.

But I digress. I think today I'm just going to run out at 10 minute miles the entire time and try to clean five miles today. It's short of my immediate goal, which is to get back in shape to clean a 10k (6.2 miles . . . yes, the .2 matters). But it will be a decent test and since nothing is going on at work anyhow . . .

2 Comments:

At 4:49 PM, Blogger Angela (Cockrellites:) said...

So are you really going to try and run a 10K?

 
At 10:35 AM, Blogger RobRoy said...

Do or do not, padawan, there is no try.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com