Wednesday, May 01, 2013

Writing Is Hard. Waiting Is Harder.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Not everyone has the same level of excitement for reading your "latest" work that you do.

I know, I know, it defies rationality. Yet, there it is. I gathered together a group of like-minded, genre-specific readers to have a peak at my latest, "The Blood of Heroes" (groovy name, eh?).

I geared them up as I finished the latest edit in record time. Then sent out the copy for the treat their eyes always wanted and just didn't know it. I waited for the rave reviews to come in.

And waited.

And waited.

It was like trying to get out of Casablanca during the war. (That's some movie humor.)

I checked in with folks and it was the usual:

  • Not enough time
  • Reading a more interesting novel
  • Your writing sucks
  • Why do you hate humanity?
The usual.

Really it's the waiting that kills me. I'm ready to move onto the next step and start the lengthy, soul-sucking publication effort.

But hey, you still gotta round up the usual suspects.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com