Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Mission Inn Run

Illness, a new baby, lack of sleep, a new job, and then just my basic laziness all led to a completely untrained entrance in the Mission Inn Run this past Sunday, November 11th.

It was a huge event, with 734 participants in the 5k run alone (there was also a 5k walk, a 10k run and two kids events).

My stats weren't too shaby given that I only prepared for a week in advance:

Time: 24:52 (about 8 minute splits)
Overall Place: 306th
Division Place: 14th

That's only 35+ seconds off my race in February, which I was in shape for!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 10:07 PM, Blogger Whiskey Tango said...

Was someone chasing you? I only run if someone's chasing me and they're too big to beat up.

 
At 11:59 AM, Blogger RobRoy said...

Sit, my child, and hear my parable. Two young lads were walking through the woods. We'll call them Eric and Rob. They were gallumphing along, happy as larks (but not those Republican larks, who are always miserable), when suddenly a man-eating bear jumped out of the trees (it's a parable, work with me). Eric took off running, while Rob stopped and tied his shoes. "What the HELL are you doing, Rob?" "I don't have to outrun the bear, Eric. I only need to outrun you!"

And this, my son, is why I run.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com