Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Inland Empire 66ers - Reasons

Lil, Kelly, Tim and I went to the Inland Empire 66ers game last night. The 66ers, in case you didn't click the link, are a minor league baseball team affiliated with the Dodgers.

It occured to me that we all went, barring mutual friendship, for different reasons:

Lil and Kelly went for the game.

Tim went for the 66er Dance Team who are shown here wearing far more clothing than they actually had on last night.

I?

I went for the food.

Hot dogs, nachos, cheep beer (you had your choice of "regular" and "lite", they both look and taste the same too me) apples slices in a carmel bath, funnel cake with strawberries and powdered sugar. Don't think any of this is high quality or even medium quality stuff. For $15 I can feed Lil and myself until we're sufficiently gorged and must be greased with sticks of butter and rolled out of the stadium.

I have no real knowledge or desire to know who the players are, what their stats mean, or why the guy sitting next to us was decked out in knee-highs, knickers and a flat cap, all in an American Flag theme.

No, those things remain a mystery to me, and in this case ignorance is bliss.

I am there to hoark down mass quantities of terrible food and quaff cheep beer.

Quaffing, for the uninitiated, is different from swilling. In quaffing, the object is to toss the head and plastic cup with enough momentum that the drink spills in a trajectory toward the mouth, but the majority does not actually enter. Those who are untrained will end up swilling, in which the cheep alcoholic beverage is actually consumed.

It takes a very steady hand, and the more quaffing you do, the less steady you will be. Practice is the only friend to the true quaffer, and thus the reason that I attend 66er baseball games. Well, that, and my wife likes them.

It's always good to give your wife what she wants, especially when pregnant.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com