Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Diamond Valley Lake - Results

So, here it is, the much anticipated, over-hyped results from my last 5K at Diamond Valley Lake.

I ran a time of 24.21, which gave me a split of 7.50. This placed me 33rd overall, but apparently in a HUGE division of similar-aged runners, I was only 17 of 21.

Bastards.

Still, that's a much better race than the previous two where I was slipping backward in times and splits.

The trick for me this time was I left my iPod at home. Yeah, that's right. It was flat out, racing as God intended it . . . except with clothes and shoes and safety equipment. But other than that, exactly how God intended it.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 5:38 AM, Blogger gawker said...

If God had intended you to run without an ipod (cmon now, seriously?) wouldn't he have placed you 1st, or at least 32nd in the rankings?

 
At 12:33 PM, Blogger RobRoy said...

Blaphemer. It clearly says in Bosephus 3:15, "Thou shalt have no other iPods before me. Yea, the MP3 players shall not stop up thine ears."

 
At 1:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well said.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com