Tuesday, January 06, 2009

New New Year's Resolution 2009 - Part I

So here is my review of last year’s New Year’s resolution. This will be part one of a two part series which, at some point, might be available for download at my store for a modest fee.

10- Spend less time with my family, friends and new son.

Failed. I missed this one right out of the gate. As you can see, I spent so much time with my new son that I ended up spending time with my family, and then, because they were so much fun, we spent time with friends new and old.

9- Gain weight and/or inches.

Failed. Apparently, running increases your metabolism, burns calories and reduces fat. I can't attest to shapely hips and thighs, but I've been told that I have buns of copper verging on bronze.

8- Put up progressively worse race times.

Semi-failed. There were times when my races were worse, but never progressively worse. So, unfortunately, I improved overall. The closest I got was Matt's Run (25:11), but I was slowed by 30 extra pounds of stroller and baby. The worst offense was my current PR of 21:42 at Fontana Days 5k.

7- Swear, curse, and blaspheme more.

Failed. Apparently, failing #10 means that my language cleans up as well.

6- Write fewer blogs.

Failed.

5- Write less on my own fiction.

Succeeded. Due to my carpal tunnel, and my spending more time with Porter, family and friends, I succeeded in having less time and thus less writing.

4- Eat more carbs containing cholesterol and fat, more fat containing carbs and cholesterol and more cholesterol containing fat and carbs.

Failed. I kicked my Dr Pepper habit (sniff, sniff), ate more veggies and less potato chips. I also started bringing my own lunch, which meant I could regulate the type and amount of food. It was a very sad year.

3- See less of the world and adopt a radically Republican viewpoint on the world at large.

Failed miserably. Not only was I unable to see the Republican viewpoint, I was also unable to vote Republican.

2- Vote for no one, since it's just one vote and won't make any difference anyhow.

Failed. I voted early and often. Yes, we can!

And my #1 New Years Resolution for 2008 . . .

1- Look gift horses in the mouth, judge books by their covers, leap without looking, and wake sleeping dogs, bears, lions and tigers. Oh My!


Success. It’s the little things in life. But at least I could outrun them.

1 Comments:

At 10:01 AM, Blogger ~Jeneece said...

A Rob store? Can I get a list of things that will be sold there?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com