Friday, February 29, 2008

Woo-Freaking-Hoo!

Riverside Raincross 5K 2008 results:

The story goes like this: Re-learning that you can be caught,beaten into a bloody mass, and then laughed at by the walkers and stroller-pushers from Hell, I was up at the front of the pack and made people pass me. Stick that in your heart-monitor and smoke it!

Turns out, training for a race actually helps. I may even consider writing a book about how to run. I'm sure it will be the first on the subject.

Anyhow, long story longer is that I did pretty decent in my race. Consistent with where I've been running, but a little better than last year.

I'll put up both last years results and this years, just so I can keep them all straight:

Last year's Riverside Raincross 5K:
Overall - 60th
Time - 24:14
Age Division - 5th

This year's Riverside Raincross 5K:
Overall - 47th
Time - 23:52
Age Division - 2nd

That's right, boys and girls. I was 2nd in my age division. Doesn't make me Olympic hopeful material, but it certainly does make me hopeful!

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 5:27 PM, Blogger gawker said...

At least you beat little Ashley who also learnt a valuable lesson that it is a tough grown-up world which is sub divided into age-groups.

But all kidding apart, congratulations and also good luck for your next run and watch out for little Ashley for she might desire revenge and the youth have the suppler thigh and perkier breast to aid them in that endeavour.

 
At 12:43 PM, Blogger RobRoy said...

Really, it was Peter Taynton who gave me the run. I thought the guy was in my age division, and damned if I would let him pass me.

Turns out the guy was 11 years younger than me. Wonder how he feels being beaten by a guy who's prime was 15 years ago!

And, all kidding asside, if I'd seen supple thighs and perky breasts, I would have let them pass me with a bow.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com